Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#173630 05/23/17 09:31 PM
Warrior Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
I thought the SCHSL rule stated that you had to wear all white jerseys with no stripes or piping. Is that not correct? It seems several schools wore alternative shirts this year and I wanted to know if the rule had changed.

Goal
Goal
The rule hasn't changed.
I know of one school that the coach ignored the rule or didn't know the rule and the fine was cheaper than buying all new uniforms.

D
Bench
Bench
D
What can be enforced? Are the refs not going to allow that team to play? Fines? That's nothing. The High School League has no teeth or backbone! Do what you want to do!

S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah.......many schools now are adding "color" to their home kits. I've never liked that rule

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Unfortunately some of the refs don't know the actual rule anyway. I had 3 different refs say to me this year, "has anyone said anything to you about your shorts? Supposed to be white" We wear gold shorts at home. Nothing in rule book about color of shorts. Only the jersey and socks.

Goal
Goal
You ask the question, yet in the championship games, did anyone notice the tape on the socks? I saw players with black electrical tape like other teams do all the time. You have anal officials who still say tuck your jerseys in and no black tape and then you have those who say nothing and just let the kids play. It's really annoying; From the ALL-WHITE rule to making everyone use the same exact ball for playoffs. We've even had officials complain about Under Armour.

J
Brace
Brace
J
As an official, I can't prevent a school from playing with uniforms that don't meet the standard. I can only report them to the high school association. I will say that I do agree that it is annoying that some of the referees let things slide so that when I have to referee a team that isn't complying with the rules, they always gripe to me that the last referee let them play like that. I just tell them I am not the other referee, and that I have standards. If all referees aren't enforcing to the same standard, it turns into a mess.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
Brace
Brace
S
I would hope a ref doesn't cancel a game because a home team had a secondary color on their predominately white uniform.....

As for the tape, I'm pretty much used to it by now. I tell my boys to bring the matching colors because who knows what the ref will say about it. It's annoying, but I see it no differently than the refs who call any handling foul and the refs who allow volleyball rules in a game. Part of the strategy

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com

Link Copied to Clipboard