Went to the parent meeting last night. Main points put out were:
1. CBSC applied to play in the CPL in the spring. Club still feels they were deliberately excluded. If the application is denied, it wasn’t clear what course of action the club would take, but public and grassroots pressure was mentioned.
2. The club currently has 41 teams and 38 coaches.
3. Mentioned that MLS may be changing their development academy process. If so, CBSC will not have to apply, but only meet criterion. Girls will enter ECNL. I did not catch timelines, ages or specifics on this.
4. For kids 12 and under, local play is emphasized, but for u13 and up, out of state travel will be necessary.
5. They are working to improve the fields in Summerville. Will have a timeline in December for the Daniel Island fields. Field ownership is seen as an imperative.
6. A challenge for coaches and parents is to focus on individual development, not team development. The value is in training, not the games. Then talked about how the club works to develop coaches and present curriculum.