Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I get what you are saying,,, but what does any of this have to do with this thread about a combine?

I see your point. I jumped ahead without explaining how I got there. I am commenting on an idea not expressly made, but assumed, by the flyer. In a flyer of competing local clubs looking to help unplaced local kids, some local clubs have been left off. Why?

The idea that MPRD is now a competitor of those clubs (MPRD used to be in a contract with a booster club dba USAMP that forbid the competition) is likely going to take some getting used to, but the reason for their omission from the flyer is still curious to me.

It could be that, even though CASC is involved in ongoing "dialogue" with MPRD, they still simply forgot to include them, though I dont see that as likely. You notice the clubs on the flyer are the local portion of the most recent incarnation of a Kevin Payne/US Club Soccer league, Carolinas Premier League.

More likely it is grown men doing clever soccer business under the guise of "in it for the kids"

It can be rectified in small part by adding MPRD to the flyer if MPRD does want to be involved so late in the game.

David said they extended an invitation to MPRD above. As for the status of that, you may want to send him a PM to ask.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but from my distamt view, I don't see a conspiracy against MPRD or any club in particular. The extent of my knowledge of club soccer in that region is pretty much limited to what Coach Chass and I may get to discuss in ten minute talks between games.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Thank you for the response. No need to rehash the lawsuit. I'll take it on its merit.

I understand that there may be clubs not interested or able to join the joint tryout session. The invite to all clubs to join is enough for me so kudos to that.

Have you spoken with MPRD about including them in the CPL so their competitive teams have local teams to play in a league? Some of their teams are currently competitive enough with the lower level teams from clubs in the CPL.

I'm a little concerned that freezing out the smaller clubs like Walterboro SC or Charleston City FC or Carolina Renegades will lead folks to think it is ok to freeze out USA Awendaw or CASC as Mt P kids begin to funnel into the new MPRD soccer set up and CBSC. All club teams should have an equal chance to play each other at their apprpropriate level. Especially the young ones under twelve. Its about the kids.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Have you spoken with MPRD about including them in the CPL so their competitive teams have local teams to play in a league? Some of their teams are currently competitive enough with the lower level teams from clubs in the CPL.

I have informed MPRD leadership and (soccer) athletic staff about the league and our decision. I know at least one of their primary coaches very well and he is also very aware of the situation and advocating some form of action. No idea where that will go.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
That's great news. Thanks for the update.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Not sure if the smaller clubs (City, Renegades, KOSA, Beach, United, Walterboro) have enough teams across all age groups to provide a sufficient number of teams. CBSC should have at least two in u8-u12, but those others may have one at best.

I have no idea what MPRDs numbers look like. I think for teams wanting to enter the CPL this year, that ship has sailed. Maybe the spring, but most likely they will have to apply for next year. It may not be in the current CPL clubs interest to admit some, or any, of those clubs.

I am sure that given the geographic spread of the clubs, scheduling will be a monumental task. Probably looking at 250+ teams across all u8-u12 boys and girls. Those clubs that own their fields are fortunate.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Speaking of CPL league,,,,has anyone heard when the schedules will be released?

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Below is something we sent to our JA coaches/managers yesterday that should at least give you some idea on timing (early Aug public), although I'm sure some dates may change...

"... expect initial schedules early next week for review at club level and to optimize field and location selection with referees.

A targeted calendar I can share with you at this time includes these dates.

TODAY: July 20: All teams REGISTERED in GotSoccer

TUESDAY: July 24: Schedules and matches laid out with dates/times

FRIDAY: July 27: All VENUES and times entered by hosting clubs

FRIDAY: August 3: CPL Schedules live via GOTSOCCER on CPL website"

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Thought I'd follow up after the Player Combine and report out.

Hugely successful in regard to finding homes for all players looking. All girls attending received an offer and boy conversations still ongoing and hopefully everyone will land well. The good news is not a huge turn out so looks like most are set now.

Players are signing up with GPS, USA, and Cainhoy (at minimum) and everyone worked well together to place based on geography, level, and fit for each organization.

As host (of this inaugural event) I would like to thank all the clubs/coaches attending and it was refreshing to see so many familiar faces and enjoyed our scrimmage at the end (although a bit sore after).

Hopefully we will see more of these in the future

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Thanks and congratulations.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard