The majority of kids join a JV-team for socializing. You are at the first step of building a program at Blue Ridge. Many kids will show up who never played soccer before or at YMCA at best. It's important to make it fun so that they come back, but make sure they understand upfront that it will be hard work, too. Don't try to do it all yourself => Next year most schools will have varsity boys and varsity girls play doubleheaders, i.e. you can't be with your JV when you have a varsity match. This year I did both because we played doubleheaders JV and varsity girls which I much prefer over the new arrangement. Anyway, SCHSL provides reimbursement for one head coach and one assistant coach but not for one coach doing both jobs. Make sure you have the facilities without causing conflicts with Track & Field, Lacrosse, Varsity Girls Soccer, Varsity Boys Soccer,... Are uniforms budgeted? Is transportation available? I know of only three schools in Greenville County who have JV girls teams: Riverside, Eastside, Greenville. Other teams in the upstate can be found in Wren, Woodruff, Belton Honea Path, Daniel, Seneca, TL Hanna, Walhalla, Boiling Springs, Easley, Broome, Westside and Pendleton. Most have several club players. Be ready to lose every game by big margins (like we do) unless you want to introduce your varsity's Catenaccio style at JV already. But that's probably counter-productice to what you want to achieve on the long run. You can get an idea about the level of JV-girls soccer at the Easley JV-tournament April 25 - 26.