Quote:

People that compare the private schools to AAAA public don't have any clue what they are talking about.

Most are talking about schools like Bishop England that have over 800 kids, not SCISA schools.

Hilton Head Prep has 70 girls in their highschool. How can that be any kind of attendance advantage?

I do happen to know what I am talking about. . .but you have misread my point. I'll take blame for that.

Private schools ALL have different RULES than public schools—one of which is where students HAVE to live in order to attend the school (thus attendance—not the NUMBER attending). Also private schools can entice students to attend schools for many reasons (possibly sports), thus an unlevel playing field.

I have never suggested that private schools' raw numbers (attendance) are comparable, but I do assert that since private schools have DIFFERENT (and much more liberal) attendance restrictions, they are NOT equal to public schools with similar raw populations but with attendance zone restrictions.

To put it in context, if a public schools draws 750 students from an attendance zone of 8000 inhabitants, the private school with 250 students drawing from 50,000 inhabitants within driving distance is actually at an advantage (just as a public school with 750 students is not able to compete with public schools of 2600 students because they are drawing athletes from larger pools for the talent).

Thus, it is unfair and inappropriate to make sweeping (and negative) generalizations about AA/A based on comparing those public schools with private schools that are UNLIKE them.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.