I will NOT take blame for this one. You have read carelessly. I NEVER said private schools have 50,000 students to choose from. My hypothetical was about the ATTENDANCE area; big public schools have an advantage over small public schools because the size of the school correlates highly with the size of the population of the ATTENDANCE area. With private schools, the size of the school does NOT correlate with the population of the ATTENDANCE area. My point is that private schools—while they may have a small student population—have an attendance area population that correlates better with a much larger public school.

Anyone can attend the private school no matter where they live; that is not the case with public schools.

Simply put, not playing under the same rules. So NOT the same.

My point is about equity, and about making comparison of unlike things.

Private and public are NOT the same. Any conclusions drawn by comparing them is made apples to oranges.

And I have never made any sweeping comment about SCISA schools being weak. . .especially based on comparing them to a group of teams unlike them. Please note the source of my comments.

I am also NOT suggesting any type of school is better or worse—just stating a fact. Different. Different playing field. Not valid to compare.

Last edited by cat's cradle; 04/28/08 10:29 PM.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.