Quote:

Quote:

Don't kid yourself - I highly doubt there are any girl's high school soccer scholarships in South Carolinia - a southern state where football rules.

Don't kid YOURself. While I'm not sure about regulations regarding private schools that compete in the High School League, I can assure you that there are private schools in SC that offer tuition scholarships to girls' soccer players, and they are not bound by recruiting restrictions like public SCHSL schools are.

How can you assure me of that?

SCISA strictly forbids recruiting for athletic purposes the same as SCHSL does. There is not a single school in SCISA that offers athletic scholarships of any kind. It is strictly forbidden and contrary to popular belief, it is VERY strictly monitored. The SCISA schools are absolutely allowed to give out "Need-based" financial aid.

Private school tuition is just like college tuition. When my university gave me a track scholarship that covered the cost of my tuition, the athletic department had to write the university a check for the cost of my tuition every year. It is the same way at SCISA schools. VERY FEW kids in SCISA as a whole go to school for free. The school can't afford it. The school has to have the money to cover that financial aid. For example, at Porter Gaud, the school has to have over $20,000 per year for every student that is on a "full-ride" in it's coffers. There is no school in SCISA that can absorb that kind of hit financially.

There are just as many athletes moving from public school to public school to play on better teams and for better coaches as there are SCISA athletes.

I think that is absolutely how it should be. If a coach has built a successful program and kids want to be part of that for a myriad of reasons and can do it following the rules, I am all for it. If my kid was a football player and I had the means, I would absolutely make sure he was at Byrnes or Summerville or Gaffney.