Quote:

Dale,

I was at both games.

Totally different scenarios. You have watched enough soccer to know that a 2-0 can be a complete domination while a 3-0 can be exactly the opposite.

Pinewood's game with AM was played in Pinewood's offensive third the whole night. AM had about 4 shots.

The game between Riverside and HHP was played in the middle 2/3's for the whole game with Riverside doing a much better job of finishing opportunities. I think Riverside was 3 for 9 on their shots, HHP was 0-12. Something along those lines.

BTW, I think Riverside is an amazing team and will beat either Airport or Hilton Head in the state finals.

I was at that tournament and I saw Riverside score on HH prep in about 15 seconds and put it into cruise control. Don't feel bad about that, they are a great team but they paced themselves in that game.

I tried to stay out of this argument, but I am pretty sure that I have the only ranked 4A team that has played or seen most of the schools in question. The only team I have not seen or played is Waccamaw. But they must be pretty good if they beat a BE team we only beat 1-0 and who beat Wando.

I must admit I am biased about one thing...I love Woodruff. I want to be very careful how I say this, but they are easy to like because they homegrow their talent in a small mostly rural area. Nobody else will say it but I will...most of the private schools have students with more than just a little money for club soccer and the best of just about everything. I get tired of soccer being an elitest sport. I know we have talked about this a lot before but schools like Woodruff and BC in 3A show that it doesn't have to be that way. As I understand it and CC can correct me if I am wrong, most of their girls play together in a Spartanburg rec league. Isn't that the way it should be in a perfect world? You may not like it but I respect a team that will bring it every time you play them and punch you in the mouth and take your best punch. I think I have forgotten the point I started to make, but there you go...

Woodruff/BE in the final and I want to see it.