The Dreher v Flora matchup was the single dirtiest match that I have ever witnessed - club or school games.

Obviously, my view is subjective. However, the facts are that the yellow cards began with ACF #16 throwing DHS #8 to the ground in the first half. The rough play continued into the second half and ended with ACF (#7 I think) punching DHS #3 in the face. (The pictures have been sent to the DHS faithful. #3's parents will decide on any further action.) #7 got a yellow card. This player has been suspended in prior seasons for fighting and had no business being on the team, much less the field.

I blame the ref's who allowed this to happen and I blame the ACF coach who allowed #7 to be on the team. There have been discussions on this board re: poor referring that I have read but did not participate in. I took them with a grain of salt, but I now understand.

My daughter has at least two more games - the last scheduled game then it's off to the playoffs. She is ready for her HS career to be over, especially if the games are allowed to deteriorate as the last one did.

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.