SCISA sports fan,

I tried sending you a PM, but don't know that I was successful, so let me try and answer to you here.

I've had the privilege to see only one lowerstate team, HHCA, who beat us in the Lady Eagle Classic in PK's. I personally believe we were the better team on the field that day, but not on the scoreboard. If we see them again, hopefully we can control the scoreboard as well. They are a very talented and well-coached team, and would be a very tough game in the first round! As for the other lowerstate teams, I know that HHP and Pinewood apparently have much speed and talent on their teams. The upperstate is a very strong and tough region this year, and we tend to beat up on each other throughout the season. However, I think that will make us stronger for the playoffs, and I think we will match up well with the lowerstate. As a region, we don't seem to have as much speed across the board as the lowerstate teams, and that could become a factor in the playoffs. I do think you'll find the upperstate teams, while maybe not as fast, will hang in there with a lot of toughness.

St. Joe's may not have as much speed this season, but is extremely talented and physically tough. Hammond can be extremely dangerous, and Heathwood has some speed that can cause problems for the fastest of backfields. Cardinal Newman is young, but technically sound. Ben Lippen is extremely talented and can be very dangerous when playing to our potential.

I think HHP and Pinewood have the advantage going in with homefield in the first round and a lot of speed. I've heard HHP has the fastest backfield in SCISA, which will make it hard for any challenger. I'd be interested to know who you see as the fastest lowerstate team and the best lowerstate players. How do you think the two regions will match up from what you know?

I think we're in for a good year of playoffs from both regions.