The red card was given to an RNE defender for use of inappropriate language during the first 10 minutes of the game. In the last few minutes of the game there was a little pushing/holding during the game between an Airport forward and RNE defender after the play. The ref saw it and yellow carded both players.

Post game the Airport player (from what I was told) called the RNE player's number and was going to shake his hand and tell him basically, "Good game. No hard feelings." The RNE player thought it was going to be something derogatory and took a swing at the Airport player. Thus the confrontation began. The Airport players immediately grabbed the Airport forward and I believe the RNE players grabbed their guy.

People can make what they want of it, but I've seen the Airport player that was yellow carded play on numerous occasions and he has always had a good attitude on and off the field. I believe he did intend to tell the RNE player, "Good game," but because the cards had recently been thrown in the last few minutes, it was probably not the time to single him out.