This may be a dumb question, but hey, my brain's fried and my final is in a week, so I blame that.

The Lowcountry has always had multiple clubs offering classic/challenge level teams. It used to be Hungryneck, SSC, and JIYSC, then for the girls came Carolina Girls as well. For a long time it was Hungryneck that dominated as The Club for championships and consistent quality, with several exceptional teams scattered amongst the other clubs as well, most notably Andy Grist's Fusion.

What exactly, if any, was the point where everything fractured into bare minimum team rosters and split talents? Was it when Hungryneck became MPSC? When Bridge showed up and tried to recruit away from everyone else? Was it just a fluke of quality in age groups that turned people to other clubs? Or quality in leadership? Or just people moving away from Mount Pleasant and choosing other, more available clubs?

Not that it solves everything, but we obviously had the opportunity for similar divisiveness before. Perhaps there's some evidence in the change that could somehow be used later on if anyone is ever capable of eliminating the divisiveness that causes such minimum roster teams and petty off-field rivalries.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.