The Socastee vs. Chapin match in the 3rd round will be the game to watch. The only bummer is that the game will be held in Chapin. Socastee will have to win big games on the road in order to get to the championship game. I hate to say it, but beating Myrtle Beach and winning the region may have actually hurt Socastee.

In any event, I have watched both Chapin and Socastee and here are my opinions;

Forwards (Advantage Socastee)
The Orlando Clark and Justin Watson duo is dynamic and difficult for any defense.

Midfield (Advantage Socastee)
Two Words – Bobby Belair

Defense (Advantage Chapin)
Chapin’s defense is solid and almost mistake free. In addition, they move their backs into the midfield very effectively and are definitely contributors to their attack.

Goalkeepers (Draw)
The keepers for each team are talented.

Coaches (Draw)
Coach Suarez and Coach Hiller are both very good coaches and they have both prepared their teams well.

Intangibles (Chapin)
Because Chapin is loaded with seniors, you have to give the nod to Chapin simply because seniors don’t like losing in their final year. Also, I think that Chapin is a more physical team versus Socastee’s speed and skill. However, if they draw a whistle happy referee, Chapin’s physical play could be nullified.

In the end, each team needs to play the previous games to get to that point. But, should they meet, it will be a great game to watch…..