What is everyone's feeling on the best way not to embarrass an inferior team?

Here is why. I went to the Hilton Head Prep/First Baptist game tonight as it was Senior night for HHP and I am familiar with many of the families.

The score quickly got out of hand with it being 6-0 in about the first 15 minutes. Hilton Head Prep did a pretty good job of moving kids around and not allowing kids to score and the such. This game literally could have been 25-0.

In the second half, Prep put it's senior starters back in to start the half but within 5 minutes started pulling kids off the field. They did this very discreetly as to try and not embarrass the other team, but with 10 minutes of the second half starting, HHP had 6 players in the field.

The game ended 7-1 with HHP basically playing keep away from First Baptist. My understanding was that they were only allowed to score on headers off of crosses.

Here is my question: Would you be more embarrassed by a 10-0 score or a 7-1 score where your team was being outplayed by 6 kids? Probably more importantly, which way is best as to not embarrass the kids?