im done with the pluggs after this.

cantona has taken a group of girls(most of which has played no soccer)and made them a competative team. his soccer talent level has went down over the years and he has taught alot of these girls the basics to play soccer.he does not have that pipeline to nc clubs.he has a few players that play club but most of them played at DSC (DSC sound familiar cantona)and did not start club soccer untill high school.he has the 1 or 2 execptions that plays in charlotte but they were hurt most of the year.how he coached this team to play so well in the regions they did is beyond me.great job cantona and girls.

i will also have to give a nod to the ft mill coach. i know ft mill has gotten the powerhouse reputation the last few years and it is expected for them to be a good team.that sometimes keeps an outstanding coach from reciving these types of honors.
this year i watched a coach take a group of a few upper classmen and a boat load of young players and create a good team.he also had to deal with the loss of many players that would of gave them depth when the split happened with the opening of nation ford.at an early point of the season i set and watched a team of players i knew were very good players play like a team that shouldnt be in the top 20.what i watched last night was a team that could beat anyone.great job coaches and players at ft mill.you ft mill parents still stink.

jim lets my oldest train with him so i give him a nod.cesar lets my youngest daughter play on his boys team so i still say he is the coach of the year.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/06/08 03:00 PM.