Quote:

Hurst:

that Hilton Head pick looked pretty good last night. They were absolutely devestating against Swansea.

Your girl Stephanie Sosa had two goals and two assists.

The defense looked pretty good last night as the starters didn't give up a single shot. By the time Swanswea had taken their first shot HH was leading 7-0. Swanswea finished with three total shots.

This should probably be in another thread, but...
I have to say HH was good. In my girls' defense, we wanted to be physical and the refs called it very tight (one way). Not to mention, the second goal was offsides by a mile, the camera shows that clearly-missed call. The third goal was a pk-a terrible call. My girl made a clean play on the ball, it was their forward who turn her back, fell,and did some great acting. Several slide tackles from the behind. Home field definitely was an advantage. Our girls were intimidated and frustrated. I take nothing away from HH-a very good team. However, it is hard to battle back with such adversity (especially after the 2nd and 3rd goals). My girls tried to keep their heads in the game, but with traveling three hours on a bus with no air, very tough. I am proud that they kept playing to the end. We are trying to make our program better. Our school has yet to buy a complete set of unforms for our program. We are not there yet, but we are making progress. We are very poor school district that is doing the best we can with good parents. Next year we will be better. Aside: Chapin will beat HH (because HH will have to travel to Chapin). "Unlevel playing fields" are to compete on.

Last edited by Meredith; 05/06/08 04:21 PM.