I was at the game so I will give my account from how it looked from the stands.

Hilton Head controlled the match throughout. About 90% (a rough estimate) was Hilton Head controlling the ball in their offensive third.

HH's first goal came about 10 minutes in and was an incredible offensive play with a great pass from Stephanie Sosa finished by Dianna Boryk.

The second goal was scored by Abby Fennessey and it appeared to me (and everyone else) that she was offsides when the ball was delivered.

I thought the third goal was a penalty. It was close enough that in the box, the defender has to make a smarter play.

Here is the recap from the Island Packet:
{The Seahawks (13-2) were barely challenged in taking their first step toward a return to the state finals, where they lost to Eastside a year ago. Dianna Boryk got Hilton Head High on the board in the 10th minute, hitting a beautiful pass from Stephanie Sosa with her right foot, and Abby Fennessey scored her team-leading 15th goal less than four minutes later.

"When you travel as far as they did, in the heat, and you're down 2-0 or something early," Seahawks coach Larry Tavino said, "it kind of has a devastating effect."

So it was that much more devastating when the Seahawks tacked on three more goals before halftime -- one from Natoli and a pair from Sosa. They added two more in the second half, from Boryk and Carly Iulo, and had a 7-0 lead before Hilton Head High goalie Kylie Thompson had made a single save.

Thompson made only two saves in the game.}

The two goals were certainly controversial, but they really had little effect on the game. Hilton Head was better and still would have won 7-1 without those two calls. If the score was 5-1 in the second half, HH's better players would have stayed on the field longer and scored anyway.

Congratulations to Swansea on a good season. I saw them twice. They will get better in the years to come.