SCISA 3A Quarterinals

Hilton Head Christian-1
@ Ben Lippen-3

Goals: Carrie Settle 8:30(BL); Meritt Rollins 13:10(BL); Sammi Osman 30:45(BL); Melissa Whitten 57:30(HHC)
Assists: Meritt Rollins (BL)
Saves: Anne Armstrong (BL)-15; Janell Raquet (HHC)-5

Excellent game tonight in the first round of the playoffs. My girls played the best half of soccer we have played this season in the first half. We dominated the first half offensively and controlled the tempo of the game. HHC came out in the second half playing hard, physical soccer while we hung back and played not to lose. Not a great second half, but we did what we needed to when we needed to in order to get the win. I'm proud of the heart and effort my girls put forth tonight. They played a very good overall game against a team that had beaten us earlier this season to keep our season alive. Meritt Rollins, Sammi Osman, and Carrie Settle all played a dominant game in the midfield and forward positions, opening up passing lanes and lifting up their teammates. Sam Currier stepped up in a big way in the second half to help keep HHC out of the net. Rebecca Schoon played a great game at the sweeper spot. Excellent effort from everyone on the field. I believe we head to HHP Thursday if they held on to beat Cardinal Newman. Heard that one was a close game, but could be wrong. Great win, ladies! Keep up the hard work!