Well, it was a good game. Perhaps a "classic" even. Down to the wire with both teams having a chance to win it.

Blythewood went up 1-0 in the first half and then missed a PK-- a better description would be that the Daniel keeper made a save on the PK attempt to keep the score 1-0 at half. At sometime in the 2nd half (NeverPlayed might be able to help me out with the exact timing of things) Daniel scored off a corner to knot it at 1-1. For the rest of regulation time and through overtime and golden goal both had chances-- neither converted. I am EXTREEMELY proud of my girls for being able to hold Daniel who has already scored 101 goals this season to the single tally that they scored during the 110 minutes of play.

On to PK's

Daniel scored 2, had two saved, and missed one? I think.

We scored 3, had one saved, and missed one. It came down the last kick of the 1st 5.

It was a physical game to say the least. Several players knocked down but not out on both sides. Three yellows handed out-- two them one us. Is that right NeverPlayed? I didn't record any other ones.

Speaking of NeverPlayed-- it was a pleasure to meet him after the game, he walked over after the game to say hello and I thank him for that- it was nice to put the face with the name.

I'm going to defer to NeverPlayed for his take on the referees.

To wrap it up b/c it is getting kinda long- Thanks to my wife and all the others who came out for the game especially the boys soccer and baseball players who made it there, especially at the end and also kudos to them for the way they behaved. (Or at least how they behaved while I was watching/listening and not absorbed by the game)

Good luck to the boys tomorrow as they take on Daniel too and congratulations to the baseball team for their win over Riverside tonight as well.

tk

Tony King