Dorman 1, Fort Mill 0 (3OT)

Here's the story from today's Rock Hill Herald. The only thing I would add is I thought Aubrey Danielson's game-winning free kick was closer to 40 yards, than 30 yards (we'll settle on 35).

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/prep/story/549111.html

Dorman is a very strong team and they completely pinned Fort Mill in their own end for the first 20 minutes of the match. I've been watching Fort Mill girls soccer for nine years and I haven't seem them under that kind of sustained pressure since 2002.

I'm sure Dorman's coach would have liked to have gotten a goal on the board during that period of time and he probably wasn't too happy with the Lady Cav's finishing.

Fort Mill made some necessary adjustments and did a great job of weathering the storm and getting back in the game. Just as Dorman had chances, Fort Mill earned some chances as well.

Dorman will be a tough out through the remainder of the playoffs. Fort Mill did a great job holding a team, that scored nine goals in their previous two playoff games, scoreless through 105 minutes. Lots of credit goes to the Fort Mill coach and all the Lady Jackets who gutted it out to keep a good team off the board for so long. They played with tremendous heart.

Good luck to Dorman, the Fort Mill faithful will be pulling for you, just as we pulled for Lexington the past two years. If we are going to get knocked out, we always want to lose to the eventual state champion.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.