I will try and be brief, but I cannot resist making a few more comments about Chapin girls.

First, most teams that have to travel all the way down into our remote area of the state ask for an earlier start time so that they can get home before the sun rises. Our first clue that HH was in for a fight was when Chapin requested a later starting time so that several (and from what I saw, probably most) of their players could finish their AP exams before leaving for the match.

Second, I do not want to give the keeper too much credit and take away from the rest of the team, but she has skills that go well beyond her obvious size and athleticism. I tend to watch the defense more in any match and I never saw her out of position or misplay a ball. I believe that the local paper said that she was drawn out on the play that HH scored, but that was not the case. The cross from Sosa was high and perfectly placed just inside the far post (no more than a yard or two inside the goal line). Natoli had at least one defender inside of her that was inches from taking the cross and Natoli just got a little higher faster - not bad defense by either the keeper or the defender. The entire Chapin team (all 11 on the field) played outstanding defense throughout the match, but the keeper made some plays that went beyond size or athleticism. She was smart, quick and had a feel for the game that few players have. One of the HH parents usually tapes the matches and I am definitely going to see if I can get a copy of this one after the season.

Lastly, and a little off topic, I also had the opportunity to watch the keeper from Hammond play HH Prep earlier in the week. She too was simply outstanding. I guess that we have to give some credit to the coaching and training, but there must be something in the water in the midlands.

I have always had a great deal of respect for the teams out of the Columbia/Lexington/midlands area, but I am starting to get jealous of their fans. They obviously have far more fun during the season than we do way down here.

It is really not like me to gush, but sometimes I feel that something has to be said or it bugs me until it is off of my chest. Thanks for letting me rattle on.