The team is currently known as CUFC '91 Emerald (although I am fond of the Koala name). I'm not sure how high up the totem pole they finished before they moved north. I know they won a "classic" state cup in South Carolina and historically had pretty good matches against the Aiken Heat, Orange Crush and NECSA (prior to the Columbia United merger).

What are they looking for now? Probably competitive league games and some exposure through tournaments. I don't think they are too concerned with Region 3 Premier or some of these girls would have tried out for Charlotte Soccer Club, CESA or Columbia United.

I think playing competitive matches, getting better, and having fun are the prime objectives. 75% of the team is comprised of South Carolina residents, if these girls do want to play in college, perhaps playing in the South Carolina Challenge League would give them more exposure to in-state college coaches. But most of the teams in North Carolina Division 1 West are in the Charlotte area and they provide very good competition.

Pros and cons each way but I would guess they stay in North Carolina.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.