Quote:

Quote:

i work for shaw industries.when they buy out something they may or may not leave managment in place but no matter who is left in charge you start doing it the shaw way.
maybe that is why warren buffet has billions.

I guess I missed something here. Did CESA make an offer to "buy out" SSC? If so, I understand your point. However, if SSC approached CESA seeking management support services then SSC would be the customer in the relationship. Given a vendor/customer relationship I might expect SSC to be just as hesitant of accepting a CESA "branding" as a customer of Shaw Industries would be of changing its letterhead to include the Shaw logo just because it is a customer.

You missed nothing, Delta Dog. You have it right.

CESA was never invited to "buy out" SSC. No merger between CESA and SSC was ever proposed. First, SCYSA would never recognize a merger between CESA and SSC. Second, a number of legal issues (to include the long-term property lease with Dorchester County) prevent anyone but SSC from governing the youth soccer club operating at the SSC fields.

SSC was in the process of hiring a DOC when Messrs. Hyslop and Tormey proposed a management contract whereby the two of them would be responsible for day-to-day operations at the club (to include placing and managing a DOC) under the direction of SSC. A 3 year management contract was negotiated and entered into. As part of the contract, Hyslop and Tormey wanted to be able to place the CESA "brand" on SSC teams. This proposed "brand-name change" required a 2/3 vote to change the SSC Constitution. 81 SSC members approved the changes, 48 did not. The vote failed by 6 votes.

Apparently, the management contract allows Hyslop and Tormey to walk away with 72 hours notice. Speculation is that they may exercise that option at this time because "only" 62.8% of SSC members approved their request to use the CESA brand. The irony is that if Hyslop and Tormey do walk away their actions will reinforce the argument that a Constitution change was too drastic for a 3 year management agreement. If Hyslop and Tormey didn't re-up after 3 years or opted out at some point during the 3 years (or if SSC terminated the agreement for whatever reason), then another Constitution change would be required. All over a d/b/a name and a jersey color.

Regardless of where any SSC member comes down on Hyslop, Tormey, CESA, or red jerseys, there was never an invitation for CESA to "buy out" SSC nor was there ever an attempt to "merge" SSC with CESA. There was an attempt to hire Hyslop and Tormey as club managers and it appeared for a time that attempt was successful. At most, it could be argued that Hyslop and Tormey wanted to be hired as managers at SSC only if they could utilize a brand-name that might lead people to believe there was somehow a buy-out or merger. Again, this controversy is and was always about marketing and not about soccer.