Quote:

Here’s another theory I haven’t seen expressed here: is it possible that the board of directors at SSC, after many, many years of low and/or basically non-existent parent participation, came up with a novel idea for getting these same parents to get involved? Said plan being, hire the current directors of a club that they knew many (local) people did not care for, change the name to include that of the “hated” club, and also change the colors to those of that same club; KNOWING that it was pretty much a win-win situation. The two possible outcomes they might have expected to see: 1) the new “managers” do a great job, membership increases, the level of satisfaction of members increases, and SSC becomes a sleek, well-run, profitable and highly successful club, OR 2) the whole idea of “sleeping with the enemy” infuriates so many people that all of a sudden, SSC now has large numbers of members volunteering their time and energy the way it always should have been, and SSC returns to a place of prominence within the state of South Carolina.

Just a thought…

I like this so much better than the incessant whining about TH "walking away" from a club after terms weren't met. True, SSC would have shown a lack of integrity and in my mind a lack of moral and ethical values -- but at least if this is the case SSC is taking control of its own destiny instead of having a bunch of parents who voted against doing a deal whining about not getting the fruits of the deal they rejected.