Coach Chass, you seem to understand the situation better (or are able to put it into words better) than most. You did a great job explaining, but there are many who will just never “get it.”

Shibumi, let me ask this question: if you were interviewing someone for a particular job, and you tell them exactly what you want them to do for what you are going to pay them, and they tell you “sure, we'll come in and do that, but oh, by the way, we'll only do it if you change a few other things, like, ummm, your name, and maybe a couple other things,” how do you respond? “Yeah, sure, I’m paying you to do one thing, but since you are the expert, you can do whatever else you feel necessary.” ???

SSC was attempting to hire these two to manage the club, i.e., hire a new DOC, handle day-to-day activities, etc.. They were not hiring them to “brand” the club, or bring new exposure to the club. They wanted them to MANAGE the club. How exactly does changing names and colors of a club help them run more smoothly and efficiently?