Shibumi, to put this another way, while you say “Asking Tormey, Hyslop, and Fleming to do your bidding after you've rejected their terms…” makes it sound like Tormey and Hyslop offered a service and gave their terms, and SSC said “We want your help, but not like you want to do it.”

I believe SSC approached them and asked for their help in managing the club, NOT “We want your help managing the club, and doing anything else you see fit.” JUST “We want your help managing the club.” And then the two of them come back with, “We’ll help manage the club, but only if you change your name and change your colors.”

Do those two sound anything alike? Why is it necessary for them to make name and color changes in order to manage the club? It’s not. They have their own reasons for wanting to change the other stuff, and maybe, just maybe, the SSC parents recognized that they would be getting more than they would be paying for (and I don’t necessarily mean that in a good way). I can definitely see where they might be suspicious. The board at SSC is telling the membership it’s all about managing the club, while the actions of the “new management” “says” something completely different.