Again, from the outside looking in, it comes down to a question (which I can't answer) of whether SSC approached Hyslop and Tormey in the capacity of having proven business professionals take on the job of guiding and managing Summerville Soccer Club and helping them adopt the "CESA model," or whether the intent was for SSC to actually become a part (annex? territory? colony?) of CESA and be controlled by CESA. There is a pretty large difference between these options, and there seems to be a good deal of confusion about which of these scenarios was supposed to happen. I get the sense that many of the SSC folks were expecting Option A, while the CESA folks were expecting Option B, which would explain the uniform change and "rebranding."

Something tells me when cultures out on the fringes started trading with the East India Trading Company on the promise of heretofore unseen goods, services, and quality of life, they really didn't think they were volunteering to become a part of the British Empire either, but a few trading posts and platoons of soldiers later, they were wondering exactly how they suddenly came under British rule of law. As history tells it, the benevolent practice of "bringing light into the dark places of the world" tended to work out more to the benefit of the light-bringers than it did for the newly enlightened.

Now, I'm not drawing a direct comparison between the two entities...I'm just saying it's understandable if people think they have reason to get straight answers before handing over control to folks who are known for a "successful business model." Once a bit of control is given up, it opens a door for more, so I think people are wise to ask for answers to ALL of their questions before handing over the keys to the kingdom.

I've got good news and bad news...