Quote:

Fascinating. Do you really believe a single tournament is the method by which college coaches decide to recruit a player? Or is a single tournament yet another recruiting opportunity -- as are CAP games, RIIIPL-East games, the region championships -- heck, even practices that these coaches attend if they're interested in a player. And that doesn't even begin to include ODP (if your kid is serious about higher level play.)

One division 1 coach walked up to me when my kid was a sophomore and told me they'd been watching her since she was in eighth grade. I'm pretty sure that missing a single Disney tournament (out of the many that she's attended) with a sprained ankle wouldn't have significantly diminished the interest.

trying to keep this relative to the thread (perhaps you can start another thread where we can further discuss CESA tournament selection, CAP, etc.)... If the proposed "branding" is justified to enhance SSC's opportunities to be accepted into tournaments they couldn't previously get into, and the group proposing the "branding" restricts its own teams to only one major tournament, then shouldn't SSC deserve an answer to why the "branding" is so important?