>>[cht] I agree with the speed of play..As far as girls soccer in S.C. We make alot more mistakes but the other thing I noticed at regions this year is that the stronger teams still play as a unit.I seen to many players from S.C. trying to do it themselves and there is no way that is going to work in that atmosphere<<

I'm with you on this. It is incredibly frustrating to sit on the sideline, see 1-2 open players on the 20 to the right, and see a player on the left carry the ball and try an impossible shot -- and beyond frustrating when all the parents cheer.

I used to think the primary motivation of this was simple greed implying a lack of teamwork. But I don't think so anymore (or at least I don't think this is the primary reason), I think the fact is that at speed many more South Carolina players tend to lose the scope of their field vision and just can't respond and plan quickly enough.

Please note that I believe there exist players from South Carolina who absolutely have the capability to scale their game -- just a few examples from the past are Kimmy Gillespie, Lindsey Beam, Julie Bolt and Blakely Mattern. But on an average, per-team basis, we just have far fewer.

Again, just my opinion.