Quote:

Fields are definitely a problem in South Carolina....but fields are a problem all over the country.

Logical solution......build soccer/lacrosse fields on campus.

Move boys and girls soccer to the fall, play boys and girls lacrosse in the spring.

Football can't have exclusive rights to the fall forever.....I think the time has come to share the season.

Well, this is not Long Island -- this is South Carolina and believe me, football rules the roost (always has and always will).

High School soccer in the Palmetto State started as a winter sport in the late 1960s and early 1970s through 1985 -- the sport moved to the spring in 1986. My suggestion is to let lacrosse be implemented the same way.

Also, the need for field turf will be at an all-time high when this sport gets sanctioned by the SCHSL. My suggestion at land-locked Brookland-Cayce HS is to build the new football/soccer stadium on Knox Abbott Drive with natural grass and to turn The Cage, which is supposed to feature a regulation size track around the playing field, into a field turf training facility for athletic practices, band practices, JV events, and P.E. classes.