I agree...and I think with the newer schools that trend is starting to show. It's just going to take some time for the older campuses to figure out a way to catch up. We're a 4A school too, albeit one of the smaller ones...we average around 1500 students. A few years ago our old school building was razed and a new, larger one built to accommodate the rising population; we also got a nice new gym built in addition to the old one that was retained for practices and wrestling. Of course, the new gym and the bigger school building took up even more of the grass on campus.

An option for us, and probably some other schools as well, is to try to develop some land around our feeder schools; we could make a nice little field by the elementary school, for example. It really is a complicated proposition to try to allocate limited resources for the best benefit to everyone; pretty much anything you give to one group is going to have to come from another. I think if we get creative enough, though, we can find ways to expand what we offer without having to take too much away from what we already have.

And for the record, Hurst, I know you weren't advocating taking away soccer from anyone.

I've got good news and bad news...