Aw, c'mon, CHT...you're not looking at all the options. It's really quite simple to find a way to "get it done."

1. Move high school soccer to the fall season. Alleviate the field availability problems by borrowing facilities from local club teams (who have traditionally had to find separate facilities from public school fields anyway due to SCHSL restrictions). This would not cause a conflict if you:

2. Move club soccer to the spring season. Club teams, as aforementioned, use separate facilities (and in the great majority, different coaches)from high school teams and would not interfere with any new sports additions like lacrosse. The younger club teams who traditionally play in the spring could use the high school facilities on the weekends and before or after lacrosse practice, since their players are too young to be affected by SCHSL eligibility restrictions. For those concerned about region play, I say if we can switch to match our high school season with 40 other states that we DON'T compete with, then the other states we DO compete against can darn well switch their club season to match ours.

Problem solved, lacrosse gets availability of fields and coaches, and soccer still gets to exist with minimal *ahem* disruption.

Or, alternately...we could let soccer keep what it has, put the NEW sport in the fall season alongside football, and tell those athletes to "pick one or the other;" if they don't have enough athletes and facilities to support both, then maybe they don't need to establish a new sport at that school.

Whichever makes the most sense to the most people...I'm fairly flexible.

I've got good news and bad news...