Quote:

Quote:

When is too much......too much? And where to draw the line?

In my travels in Mexico I only see soccer.....when you are within a couple of hours of the US border baseball is also popular.

In Germany....soccer fields and tennis courts.

In China....honestly, can't sayin my travels there that I've see much recreation of any kind.

Japan....crazy about multi-tiered golf driving ranges and batting cages.

Elswhere throughout the world its the same thing. ONly in America does it appear that we have a the desire to allow niches of people to do whatever they want with the expectation that the taxpayer support it. A lot of people would view soccer the same way....

Just seem weird. We won't pull more kids into sports....we'll simply dilute our athletic pool to the point where we suck at everything....and fight over fields to suck accordingly. The wonder why SC colleges/universites are recruiting "foreign" kids instead of local kids.

We must be the BEST at everything because we are Americans is a concept I endorse but "Suck at everything" seems to be a concept I really can't get my head around--I know nothing about lacrosse but if it get more kids involved in sports (even a sport like lacrosse--sounds like people who don't know soccer--"even a sport like soccer") then it is a good thing even if "we suck at everything". If lacrosse takes kids/fields away from soccer--so be it! If that it what works for the kids, let's embrace the game of lacrosse and let the kids have at it. I have kids that love the game of soccer but if they discovered lacrosse and loved it, I would support them.
Big Daddy--please don't compare us to Germany, China etc. because we are nothing like them in sports or in any facet of our society.

I think you misunderstood my post. But thats ok.