Quote:

Quote:

Is there any proof to his statement??? Or is it that every little thing that happens in our sport, they blow it up as a big issue?

Good question!

Will it change? Probably not in my lifetime, but the S.C. High School Soccer Coaches has worked diligently at relaying this message at various levels with the SCHSL, the S.C. Athletic Coaches Association, etc. However, an AD or Principal with 30 years under his belt and who probably was reluctant to add soccer in the first place at their school -- note, Mullins has not won a boys soccer match in at least five years (2004-08) -- and you are going to get some backlash whether it is deserved or not.

I'm not blaming anyone in this matter, but it is something that coaches, players, parents, fans, and referees need to be cognizant of and an area in which needs to be addressed and worked on even more by people involved with 'our game'. If you have any suggestions, please list them in this thread.

I know I've been MIA for a while, but this topic struck me as a good homecoming opportunity as I have personal experience in this area..

Plain and simple, more parents, ex-players, non-SCHSL coaches, school representatives, and maybe some JOURNALISTS need to get INFORMED and INVOLVED in promoting soccer culture awareness.

It is pretty disheartening for the league's soccer coaches association to have a proposal that is backed by 80+ percent of its members voted down UNANIMOUSLY by their parent association.

Coaches can't do all the work, as their livelihood relies on these "Neanderthals" (which doesn't help soccer/SCHSL relations) athletic directors. Coaches need the public to back their proposals and initiatives.

Alumni groups, Booster clubs, etc...

All it takes is a newsletter (via Myspace, Facebook, e-mail list serve, etc...) asking for assistance. Coordinate and act.

Last year Lugoff-Elgin alumni had some issues with the athletic director who was telling the new principal some inaccuracies about the approval process. A weeks worth of phone calls, e-mails, and headaches was all it took to insure that everyone was well informed and that there would be no doubt in the future about whether a match/refs/etc should be scheduled.

I can go on and on about this, but the point is, we have to utilize our resources. This site alone has helped bring SC soccer out of the dark ages, now the SC soccer community needs to help the guys at the top.