I didn't think that was even close to the statement I made the last time I had a hard week.

As usual, you and I are in general agreement with some of the broader discussion topics burried in this one. My point on the charts and graphs thing was more aimed at other people that would be reading this, because there is a bunch of chest thumping going on.

CESA is not the best option for all players. As you know, we decided, CESA was the best option for the player that I was most interested in.

If you look at this graduating class, there was talk of this particular class being arguably the most talented age group across the board that SC has produced. It's no surprise that there are D1 players at CESA, Bridge, and don't forget DSC, there are several D1 commitments there also. Since DSC has several D1 players, (Vukoder, Benson, and Grim come immediately to mind), should they be included in the whole discussion of which club develops players the best? I tried to avoid the whole development of the players side of this, because, the list of people/coaches/clubs/programs that have been a part of my sons development is long and, honestly, pretty noteworthy. No single one of them is solely responsible for his development, but the combination of, and the opportunities that I was fortunate enough to be able to provide for him, have all contributed.

I will stand by my statement of more being done at CESA for promoting players, when compared to Bridge, unless things have drastically changed there, which change was not something that has ever been easy to come by in the lowcountry. Is my more better? Who knows, but for me, I feel it was better, but like I said before, it's not for everyone.

Last edited by Bear; 01/29/09 04:04 AM.