loc dog, you're right, i couldn't resist. but, i've left myself open for nothing, because i am not - i repeat - NOT "attempting to slag" cesa (btw, slag is a noun, not a verb), only people who get on here and try to state as fact something that you can't even get everyone in this discussion to agree on how to qualify.

hard headed, i was hoping the cynicism in my post would be fairly apparent, but obviously not. for the record, the "predictions" i made earlier were ridiculous, as they were meant to be.

as man city pointed out, and many of you mention yourselves, there are an infinite number of variables that go into how people decide which schools they will go to. i have absolutely no interest in trying to understand every person's reasoning behind their decisions.

hard headed, from what i could find, cesa had six u18 teams (not two). but, do you really consider new york and rhode island in the south? (i think that's a bit of a stretch)

loc dog, you're asking a lot of questions that only one or two people can answer - the ones who made those decisions. i don't fault anybody who does anything that has nothing to do with me. i, myself, have a child who goes to school in-state, and i can tell you that non-athletic scholarship money had a lot to do with that decision - can you fault me for that?

unless i know the individual personally, and they have shared the information with me, i wouldn't even begin to know why they might not play for the bridge, and the same can be said for why someone might not play for cesa. we can both make assumptions all day, but it's not something i care to worry about.

bear, probably 95% of the time, you do right on these boards because you are very careful about your wording. you almost always say that you have made decisions based on what is right for you and your child. that's they way it should be, and i respect that. and that is the concept i've been TRYING to get across for the past few days. now, even you are missing it - i don't care how many commitments ANY of the clubs have - it doesn't really factor in for me. not saying that i wouldn't like for my child to play somewhere, and would love it if money was offered and it was to a school with a great program, it's just not something that has been a concern. but, i would love to know how YOU KNOW that cesa is doing more than is being done at the bridge for my child?

"Stay put, stay happy with what you have, and you will never see what it could be like" you sound like you have found nirvana. and since it's so wonderful for you, it has to be great for everyone else. sorry, but the grass is not always greener on the other side. sure, sometimes it is - apparently is for you and yours - but don't be so presumptuous as to know what is best for mine. like i said, you were doing fine, keeping it fairly general, but you keep preaching to me about what they can do for me, then i want to know what they have done for you. but all i get is multiple parameters and availing opportunities. again, i don't really care, just thought it would be a great opportunity for you to share.

loc dog, i will continue to repeat myself, because you are not grasping the concept, and you continue to attribute words and thoughts to me that are just NOT true. PLEASE go back and look carefully… if you can find one statement where i disparaged cesa (the club), i will apologize for it right here and now (and i don't count the "predictions" as i've already stated they were not serious). like i have said over and over, cesa may be the best for some people, but don't state as a fact that they are the best for EVERY person.