You said players too, so I'll add what I wanted out of Challenge/Premier League ball back when I played.

I wanted a team that played team oriented soccer, passing and possession based, but that could attack--all of my teams had a horrendous lack of ability to shoot when within 15 yards of the goal, so that was never accomplished. I wanted to learn to play with a team that was so well meshed that we could trust each other to be there for the pass or to balance on defense.

I wanted intense, competitive games where I had to work my butt off and hopefully play all 90 minutes of every game and come off feeling like I gave it 110% and that my teammates did too and to feel like I had an impact on the game.

And I wanted to be able to compete. Yes, it is satisfying knowing you did your best against a good team...but eventually you do that enough times and it sucks because it isn't enough. Winning is not everything, but it sure as heck usually makes things a lot more fun. Nothing feels better than coming off the turf after a hard fought game that you won, knowing you all earned it by working hard.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.