Well done Pinewood Prep this weekend. Managing to come away with 3 wins against very good teams, in tough conditions, is no small feat. However, the numbers you gave were a bit skewed in describing this year's teams.

Massey ratings show no indication for the next year's teams. What I mean is, 2008 rankings are in no way a 2009 preseason ranking. For example, Lexington(8) is replacing 9 starters from a 2008 team that finished 5th in 4A, Summerville(13) was the 2nd highest rated team for 2009 in this group heading into the weekend, and Myrtle Beach returns few if any starters from last year's quarterfinal team. In addition, Wando(7) features 8 seniors returning, Fort Mill(24) has 9, and they both hold preseason top 5 4A rankings. Hilton Head(35) also holds a top 10 3A preseason ranking, coming off a year where they lost an overtime game to the aforementioned Myrtle Beach team in the 2nd round.

Cardinal Newman and Pinewood Prep were both missing key starters due to basketball. I am not sure of Pinewood's numbers, but I believe Cardinal Newman was missing 4 starters (I assume Pinewood was around the same number).

So, if you want to look at some rankings that are a bit more in-tune with the '09 season...

Cardinal Newman (0-2-1): Wando(#3-4A), Ft. Mill(#5-4A), Hilton Head(#9-3A)
Pinewood Prep (3-0-0): Lexington(#13-4A), Summerville(#6-4A), Myrtle Beach(#12-3A)

I think the build-up is appropriate for CN and PP. I think it's fair to say though, that this first weekend is a tough indicator as to how a possible May matchup would turn out.