Quote:

Craig,

Now we're getting somewhere. Two problems/red flags:
1. The child should not have to depend on his/her parent for his/her soccer development/training/hiring coaches/ or organizing a soccer team.
2. The parent should not feel as if he/she are qualified to provide that or make those types of decisions. This seems to be commonplace in the lowcountry.

Hmmmmmm.....I gotta respond to this.

1. The child's soccer development/training/hiring of coaches is 100% dependant on the parents MONEY. So yes, parents have a say in how their money is spent. Let's say that the parents see their child's team not play well, week after week after week...season after season. Are you saying the parent shouldn't stop and wonder what their money is being spent on? That's crazy....period.

2. The parent is the CUSTOMER of the club/coach/DOC. If the customer does not get a good return on the money they are spending....they are going to stop spending it at that club. That's common sense.

Now, with that said, it does not mean that every parent is realistic in their perception of their child's abilities. yes, there are tons of parents who think their child is the next Mia Hamm....when they are not. I don't believe that to be the case here, but I do know of parents in the C'ton area who are not realistic about their child's abilities. I know of some parents who have visions of college scholarships...and unless these kids undergo some sort of huge transformation, they are not getting these scholarships the parents think.