Quote:

I don't have a daughter or kids playing in the area so I'm not involved in this. But have you looked at http://www.cainhoyathletic.com/ and the "Hello South Carolina" post in this forum?

If you look at their website, which by the way is well-organized and impressive, Cainhoy Athletic will be offering in the fall, a micro soccer program for players 4-7 years old and U9, U10 and U12 teams playing in the LSYSA. A quote from their website states:

"We will consider transferring any team (or creating an elite squad) to compete at Select or Classic status if and when it is deemed appropriate. Longer term we anticipate or at least aspire to compete at the highest levels of youth soccer."

I would not expect a brand new club to initially transfer teams over during their first year of operation. I think it is smart on their behalf to start out smaller. set short-term and long-term goals (which they have appeared to have done) and then build their program up. If they get off on a good start and build their reputation, then I would assume the likelihood of teams transferring over to their organization might be more of a possibility.

Personally, I don't think the needs of a U14 girls challenge team would be met during the first season of operation of a brand new club in the lowcountry.......down the road for other teams, that could be a different scenario. Best of luck in their new endeavor!