Quote:

Not trying to make a statement on one side or the other of this discussion, but I wanted to post some facts from last night's match.
- Irmo substituted freely starting 3 minutes into the match.
- Players who don't usually play much at all played most of the game.
- The score was 6-0 at the half and things sort of exploded quickly in the second half with the final score being reached with 20 minutes remaining.
- Eight goals were scored by players who had never scored before in an official high school varsity match.
- Another two goals were scored by non-freshmen players who have scored 1 or 2 goals in their varsity career.
- Irmo played the final 20 minutes with 8 players against 11 and possessed the ball in the defensive and middle thirds of the field.

coach i understand how hard it is to keep a score down especially in girls high school soccer. i also see you tried to change things up so it didnt get even worse but your statement about it only being 6-0 at half is turning me against you even more. so your 2nd teamers put up 10 goals in 20 mins and that is ok? i know everyone wants to score in soccer and the kids that do not play much really want to but you just tell them not to shoot. i see where two of your starters both had hat tricks. i would assume they had the 6 goals in the first half and did not play after that. im sure they did not score in the second half.once you had a few second half goals you could of let some of those 2nd teamers score the next time you played a team that was not up to your level.
i have seen many times a Ft Mill team put up 9 and stop. a lot of times that was a first half score.