Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I really meant it when I said that I did not want to be on either side of this. It is a difficult situation either way. Yes 16-0 is ugly and, frankly, I was embarrassed by it. But I'm not sure beating someone up for 40 minutes and then playing keep-away for another 40 is any less ugly or less embarrassing. The method of subbing and position switching used in the first half last night kept the score to 6-0. That method did not work in the first 20 miutes of the second half and it got bad quickly. Should something have been done a little sooner to slow things down? Probably. But I thought things looked just as bad in the final 20 minutes as they did in the previous 20 although no scores were put up on the board. I'm just not sure there is a good solution to this issue.

coach p i have watched some bad teams at times. usually my kids were on one of them. i do understand as crazy as it sounds that it is hard not to score at times. then it leads to the argument about making a team look bad by playing keep away. irmo just happened to have that problem last night and it got them in the line of fire.
maybe this argument will have coaches trying to keep the score down even harder. then we can wait for the argument when a team is up 6-0 at half and tries not to score anymore and the opposing team comes back to win 7-6

HH, I think you had some bad intentions when you brought this up. I don't know if you opened anyone's eyes or shed any light on the situation. Other than to take a shot at a team/players/coaching staff, what was the point? What do you have against them?

im not sure what you mean by bad intentions but you are right that i was taking a shot at them. a shot for scoring 16 goals and 10 of them coming in the first 20 of the second half. not the first 10 goals of the game but 10 goals period.
really didnt start out to open up any eyes but if another coach keeps the score down then i guess it did. wont know until it happens.
if you read all my post i never took a shot at the players and stated this score wasnt on them.
as i also stated before i have nothing against irmo but against the score.
that make you happy jimmie.