Quote:

You don't get better by having your games shortened and/or terminated as soon as you start getting way behind. You get better by staying on the pitch for the full 80, taking your lumps, and using every minute as an opportunity to figure out what the other team is doing right and what you can do better to stop it. If you keep the right attitude, you can get better by having someone whomp the bejeezus out of you until you figure out how to stop them from doing it...but not by rolling over and packing it in after half a match.

As one who's been on the losing end of what would be a "mercy rule" game, I would resent someone taking away my team's playing time and opportunity to get the experience they needed to improve.

I'm right with you, its a moot point no one will ever agree on this 100% so therefore it probably wont be changed. My dad always told me you dont get better playing teams not as talented as you, You get better by playing teams that are 2x better than you are. Great point you made sir.

Last edited by MidlandsKid; 03/19/09 01:54 PM.