Quote:

Congrats to Lancaster for the blistering start! Ridge View, Blythewood, and Spring Valley will be the eye openers.

In 2005, with a favorable (ahem...weak) schedule to open the season, Westside started 8-0-1, outscoring our opponents 63-7. Then came Wren, Greenwood, and Hanna (11-0, 9-0, and 9-0 losses respectively).

Back then, in my naivety, I thought, "Man, if I have the most wins and the most goals in the state, I should be ranked." But the powers that be knew all too well that the true test of my team's mettle lay in its showings versus the 3 traditionally strongest teams in Region I. And I was outscored 29-0.

Hopefully Lancaster fares better against the meat of their region, and is prepared for the HUGE difference in talent come March 24th when they meet Ridge View.

im sure lancaster will not far better because ridgview is up next and they are a good team. might be smart on the coaches part and good for the girls confidence to get those early 8 wins and have a good chance of finishing 500. instead of 0 for nothing.