I support anything (within reason) that promotes the advancement of girls soccer in South Carolina. I also realize that not every exceptional high school (club) girl soccer player aspires to play soccer in college. (See LadyVolDad's post under "College Recruiting".)

Hard headed and live and learn have both asked about the conflict of the SCYSA club team and the SCUFC team going to the same tournament. Very good point.

I ask this...if SCUFC's purpose is to maximize the South Carolina female player's exposure to college coaches, what can the club really provide that is not currently being provided by the CESA Premier team in most age groups? Given that the CESA Premier team is (1) the SCYSA state champ, (2) a participating team in the Region 3 Premier League, and (3) an automatic invitation to the five tournaments cited, why would any of the 16 girls on this roster need to roster on SCUFC?

The competitive advantage that I see for SCUFC, is reducing the travel time, for girls from Charleston and Columbia, to attend competitive training sessions.

Again, not trying to pooh-pooh the idea, just trying to see where it best fits in the grand scheme of South Carolina girls club soccer.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.