coach i never said that the state champ is the only worthy team to play in these higher level tournys. i see all to often the sc state champ not perform well in region play. what i said or meant to say was to get into these tournys from sc you have to be the state champ and maybe the runner up. your resume has to be a little more than just being a new option club to get into these tournys. you ask how hard did they really work to get that title. well bad as it may be usually the state champ and runner up has gone through the bashing known as region play.
in the very first post that started this it was stated the purpose of the girls side of this new club was to be for the best and most competitive players in sc or something to that effect. i do not think all the best are coming so we get into the argument that we have with odp. with this new club not playing in state and not in region im not sure of the competition level they will face and without all the best players im not sure if it will just be another sc team that has a poor showing with college coaches watching.
i do agree with you about the better players wanting to play with better players at the higest level.they want to play with and against the best. with the attempt to better sc girls soccer i wonder if we are not going to water it down more.