I know it's not your personal opinion that only the state champ is worthy of playing in the tournaments; didn't mean to misrepresent that. Apparently, though, you're correct in pointing out that the powers that be seem to perceive it that way.

It sounds to me like what this SCUFC effort is trying to accomplish is to give an opportunity for an all-star team to come together for specific events while still allowing the individual players to stay with their local clubs, which would mean they get to contribute to the growth and success of the "home team" while still getting the opportunity to further their own experience and exposure at a high level. It also means that they can have the chance to combine their resources in playing together, while still getting the value of competition in playing against each other with their SCYSA clubs as well. Maybe it will just be the best non-CESA players, since those players will probably not see a benefit, but I think there are enough quality players at other clubs around the state to put together a pretty decent all-star team.

These advantages, of course, are dependent on the assumption that the SCUFC administration really does intend to allow the players to continue competing with their respective teams and not gradually morph it into leveraging them into all coming to the same SCYSA team as well...but I guess a little faith is required for any progress to take place. Otherwise everyone will just keep chasing their tails in the same argument and going nowhere fast.

I've got good news and bad news...