cht, excuse me for posing questions on the message board rather than taking them to one of the directors of the new scufc. At this point, I'm more interested in other people's thoughts on the matter than I am in wasting one of the director's time. I think it would be wonderful if this turns out to be a great thing for girls' soccer in SC, but I really don't see how it would work. If you had the 5 best players from all the 4 teams you mentioned above, for instance, then it seems to me it would require a lot of cooperation and collaboration from all involved to not only avoid applying or entering the same events, but to just avoid scheduling conflicts, period. For instance you could rule out Disney and Orange Classic right off the bat because BFA 92 Girls as SC State Champs will already be at Disney and they wouldn't want to play the Orange Classic right before or right after. Players whose teams that have league games (scysa or r3pl) the same weekends as some of the events, etc. Again, not saying I hope it doesn't work or that it is absolutely impossible, just raising questions that pop into my mind upon further thought. Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me. Not to mention, do all or any of these players really want to be playing 3 more events and attend numerous other training sessions (assuming you could get enough players together on any given weekend to make it worthwhile with all the various schedules going on) in addtion to their SCYSA's team schedule of league games, scrimmages, training sessions and tournaments, which I am assuming would be their top priority. My experience with the teams that my daughters have been on, is that the schedule they and their teammates play with their club teams, odp, and high school teams has been plenty. But I'm sure there are some out there that want more.

Please do not think I am hoping this will not work. If it works for those who show up and sign up, that's wonderful - I really have no dog in the fight.But in reading all the information that I've read so far and thinking further about how it could work, I must admit the thought has crossed my mind that maybe this was all done just to make a deal work to merge BFA boys and CUFC boys and then the girls thing was thrown in to give the appearance of creating additional opportunities to the girls as well, whether or not it will actually pan out. Or maybe it's a round about attempt at eventally getting the best coastal girls players together with the best midlands girls players and forming a better scysa team from the 2 areas under cufc,and forget about the scufc thing. Again, I am so ignorant about all the facts, that I very well could be completely mistaken. I have been very impressed with some of the moves CUFC has made (especially linking themselves in with the YMCA) recently and I'm sure they know what they are doing. At any rate, I'm sure they have put a LOT of hard work into putting this all together and I wish them success in growing and raising the level of SC youth soccer. Hopefully, it will work out well and give a bunch of girls more opportunities that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

By the way, cht, you say rather than ask so many questions, just come to the tryout and find out what's going on. I don't think a tryout is where you are going to get answers to your questions about a program. At least I have never found that to be true in any of our experiences.

Last edited by live and learn; 04/11/09 06:47 PM.