onthefence, i'm not sure if you took my post as complaining about the course i took or not (and that might actually be irrelevant to your argument) but the d level course i took was excellent (and yes, i believe the instructor was the reason). i learned a lot of good stuff, as did the many other participants i spoke with about it (of course, none of us made it quite to the pro level)

but whether that instructor went over ALL the material or not, i went through the entire course book, and i contend that (using my prior example) if van taylor (scysa director of coaching and education) gave a written and oral exam (for the ussf d license) to someone who has just retired from playing professional soccer, that person, based on the knowledge i am thinking they must possess in order to play at that level, and on their years of experience, should be able to pass that test with flying colors.

maybe i just missed something in the book. which part, or parts, do you think a person at that level might have trouble with?