Okay, I'll admit it, the partnership thing does interest me, and maybe it is only me, but, I was part of some of the organizational dynamics at the time it occurred. That said, I was hoping someone would discuss it, at least a little so I could gain a different/better perspective. Otherwise, the previous decision remains one where the SCYSA just pulled something out of the air.

For the academy piece of this, if you were to ask around you would probably find that I believed that the academy would really begin to show the fruits with the current U16 group, and yes, I think it is. Do I not want to admit it, or refuse to, nope. Part of this though, if you do a touch of research, or at least ponder it a little, you may realize that many of the posters who used to be active with discussions of this type, organizaational in nature, have either aged out or gone on to other things, or changed their logins. So, no it's not surprising to me either that people aren't piling behind it, or even talking about it.

As for being positive, that too is a matter of perspective. For those that want to see this endeavor succeed, I'm sure what I'm saying could be seen as negative. For those that are a little unsure about it, it could be that what I'm saying is positively bringing some things to light that should be considered.

I don't understand the grasping at straws. I did post a couple of things early, and then swap some PMs with people during what was more the chest thumping, and then stayed out of it until someone said why don't we talk about something real. It's kind of funny, haven't heard from many of those lately.

Not only did I have the opportunity to be a part of something a while ago, as you and many others know I was a big part of something a while ago. That something today, does not in any way resemble what that something was supposed to be at this time when it first started. It was heading that way when I left.

As for coming back and trying to tear it down, all I can say is I'm sorry you see it for that. I've cared for a very long time for the players and parents that are caught up in the dynamics of things, and really hope it works out for all of them, you and yours included. Perhaps this endeavor will be the key, only time will tell. I really hope that the parents and players are going into it with eyes open though. And yes, it is really sad that it is what it is today, because it could have been much more.

There has been annual discussions about merging/combining forces in the low country, and I still feel the Bridge FA "concept" is the one that has the capability to do that.

Are we going to continue to play volley ball, or let the ball drop to the court?